What are the advantages and disadvantages of nylon fabr […]
What are the advantages and disadvantages of nylon fabrics? The scientific name of nylon is called nylon, the chemical name is "polyester amine fiber", and "nylon" is the transliteration of the famous product. Now it is also used to be called nylon on the market. Nylon is the earliest synthetic fiber in the world. Its excellent performance , rich raw material resources, so that it has been used to this day. So what are the advantages and disadvantages of nylon fabrics?
The advantages of nylon:
1. High mechanical strength, good toughness, and high tensile and compressive strength. The specific tensile strength is higher than that of metal, and the specific compressive strength is comparable to that of metal, but its rigidity is not as good as that of metal. The tensile strength is close to the yield strength, more than double that of ABS. The ability to absorb shock and stress vibration is strong, and the impact strength is much higher than that of ordinary plastics, and is better than that of acetal resin.
2. Outstanding fatigue resistance, the parts can still maintain the original mechanical strength after repeated inflections for many times. Common escalator handrails and new bicycle plastic rims are often used in occasions where the periodic fatigue effect is extremely obvious.
3. High softening point and heat resistance (such as nylon 46, etc., the heat distortion temperature of high crystalline nylon is high, and it can be used for a long time at 150 degrees. After PA66 is reinforced with glass fiber, its heat distortion temperature reaches more than 250 degrees).
4. Smooth surface, small friction coefficient, wear-resistant. When used as a movable mechanical component, it has self-lubrication and low noise. When the friction effect is not too high, it can be used without lubricant; if it is really necessary to use lubricant to reduce friction or help dissipate heat, water, oil, grease, etc. can be selected. Therefore, as a transmission component, its service life is long.
5. Corrosion-resistant, very resistant to alkali and most salt solutions, also resistant to weak acid, engine oil, gasoline, aromatic hydrocarbon compounds and general solvents, inert to aromatic compounds, but not resistant to strong acids and oxidants. It can resist the erosion of gasoline, oil, fat, alcohol, weak salt, etc. and has good anti-aging ability. It can be used as packaging material for lubricating oil, fuel, etc.
6. It is self-extinguishing, non-toxic, odorless, has good weather resistance, is inert to biological erosion, and has good antibacterial and mildew resistance.
7. Has excellent electrical properties. Good electrical insulation, nylon has high volume resistance and high breakdown voltage. In dry environment, it can be used as working frequency insulation material, and it still has good electrical insulation even in high humidity environment.
8. The parts are light in weight, easy to dye and form.
Disadvantages of nylon:
1. Poor water absorption and poor dimensional stability.
2. Poor low temperature resistance.
3. The antistatic property is not good.
4. Poor heat resistance.
For details, please consult: nylon fabric manufacturers.